Why Choose SA Family Dentist for Dental Checkups & Cleanings ?
- State-of-the-art technology
- Experts at preventing and detecting oral health issues
- Wide-range of services for the whole family
What Happens During Regular Checkups?
During your regular checkup, Dr. Patel/Dr. Mehta and our Hygienists Rhonda and Felicia will carefully examine your entire mouth, teeth, gums, and jaw to make sure everything is functioning properly. We will also take X-Rays of your smile to get an even closer look at your dental structure and any potential issues that aren’t visible to the naked eye. Along with checking the health of your teeth, we will examine your gums to make sure you don’t have gum disease or its beginning stages.
During this simple checkup, he will also provide a potentially life saving oral cancer screening. This easy process lasts only a few minutes, where he will visually and physically examine your mouth and areas around it for any signs of oral cancer. This biannual checkup helps you leave the office with a great looking and feeling smile, but it also prevents you from more extensive and expensive procedures in the future.
What Happens During Regular Cleanings ?
During your cleaning visit, one of our dental hygienists with almost 2 decades of experience will:
- Clean your smile with special tools and techniques to remove plaque and tartar that couldn’t be reached at home.
- Polish your teeth to give your smile a great appearance when you leave our office.
- Floss your teeth to remove any lingering debris or plaque.
- Provide useful at-home oral healthcare tips after learning more about you and your mouth.
- Our hygienist have extensive knowledge on various products available and will guide you during your visit as to which products will be best suited o you and your personal needs.
This is also a great time to ask any questions you’ve been having about your toothbrush, oral healthcare, or about dentistry in general. Our knowledgeable team is always ready and willing to give you the information that you need.