One of the most commonly used dental restoration technique is a dental crown. About 15 million people in the U.S. have crown or bridge replacements.
Are you interested in learning more about dental crowns? Want to understand how the technique can improve your smile? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Frequently Asked Questions
A dental crown is a fixed prosthetic device that is attached to a tooth or an implant. Crowns are often called caps and are meant to cover a damaged tooth.A crown is often used to:
- Restore the tooth to proper shape and function
- Improve the tooth’s strength and appearance
- Improve your smile and confidence
When a crown is placed, it is cemented. The permanent implant encases the problem tooth.
This means that your smile is restored! You can be confident about your teeth again.
Dental crowns can be used for a variety of purposes, to include:
- To protect a weak tooth due to extensive decay,crack, and chip. A cap can be placed on the tooth to hold it together. A protected tooth means a healthier smile!
- Crowns can also be used to restore a tooth that is severely worn down causing sensitivity .
- To improve the smile. By covering a discolored or misshapen tooth, the smile is immediately better!
- To provide support for a dental bridge. A dental bridge requires two healthy teeth on either side. If the bridge needs further support, a dental crown may be needed.
Looking to improve the appearance or healthiness of your smile? If so, a dental cap may be just what you need!
At SA family dentist we use the most renowned labs which are local in San Antonio . We do not outsource our crowns offshore. Which means we can stand behind the quality and warranty them for 5 years as long you maintain your regular dental cleaning visits with us.